List of Italian immigrants in America, Europe and other countries
This list is partial, it covers isolated periods of time, but they are still useful. We always corroborate the information with the original sources. The main purpose of this list is to give access to information that goes unnoticed by people that are beginning their search of ancestors.
- Some records come from small lists of immigrants from particular communities, elaborated by genealogists or people interested in the matter. Some of these lists are no longer found on line, here we have copies that we could save.
- Death of Italians that occurred in other countries, declared before the Italian consulates of the country of residence and inheritance of goods declared before these consulates.
- The majority of records come from Italian military documents. Day by day there are more state archives that post on line inventories of the military records they keep. In some of the uploaded records you can find:
- Children of Italian parents born abroad, whose birth was registered in the respective community. For example: we found young people born in the small towns of Wellston and Thurber, Texas.
- Italian immigrants who migrated before reaching legal age that were enrolled indicating they were abroad.
In both cases, the list could indicate the community of reference or just the province.
Why using these lists
With these lists you can find:
- information about your ancestors
- Places of birth, in case they are unknown
- If there are references of a child born abroad and the exact place of birth is unknown, you can consult with the state archive to find the community that registered the birth. It is important to remember that the lists of leva were firstly written by communities, later were written the lists of leva del circondario.
- Records of Italians that migrated to other countries. Since Italian immigration was a massive exodus to different continents, these lists offer interesting details and references about it.
Please, be aware of:
- The name of many localities or countries were written in the Italian language (for example: Londra = London).
- The transcription was respected; therefore, errors may appear in the name of locations.
- WE RECOMMEND searching by typing a last name,